FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Brussels Passport Sticker Fiasco
View Single Post
Old Mar 13, 2023, 7:09 pm
Adam1222

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by PushingTin
Wow, thanks for all the input and what a freaking odd thing to have so much variability in it. The funny thing is that I have total OCD when it comes to international travel and documents. On the outbound I posted about how I got a printed FRA-BRU BP in DEN so that I had something with my name and another flight on it because I had issues once with them not wanting to accept my App boarding pass.

Also, trips merge together in my head, and FRA's multilevel thing doesn't help my with that geo-spatial memory.
My main gripe was that the UA app said "travel ready", I now know to take that with a grain of salt. I'll probably be checking a bag with goodies next time, so hopefully I won't have this issue at MUC.

As has been repeatedly told to you, your focus on "travel ready" seems misplaced and unhelpful. Obviously your bags weren't screened, and your body had to go through security still. You hadnt boarded the plane yet. You hadnt buckled your seatbelt. All those things had to happen before your plane took off. You didn't assume "travel ready" meant that was done, did you?
You made a mistake, happens to all of us. You were wrong that stickers weren't security related. but blaming the app that indicated you'd uploaded the necessary documents seems far-fetched. And this wasn't a "fiasco" by any means. It was, at most, a mild inconvenience.