FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WoH 2023 Category Changes to Take Effect on Mar 28
Old Mar 10, 2023, 6:38 pm
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
777 global mile hound With all due respect (seriously), that's a lot of steps to go through for a suite upgrade. Perhaps, the "wining and dining"-type steps are the difference? My preference is that I show up without any fuss (usually to a new property) and receive a suite upgrade when one is available. So far, that's what I have been able to achieve with Marriott as I have far too many stays to attempt any sort of optimization techniques.

Different strokes (and different programs) for different folks, I guess!
Respected and understood
Many times I do nothing and just get upgraded with no steps or don't at all
Thought I was being helpful how to increase the likelihood and those are just some of he ways if it matters without paying additional funds typically to get upgraded
Those are some of the steps one can take to increase that likelihood.
What I can say is elite status is important and if one thinks just having elite status is the holy grail to an upgrade just peek at the largest program in the world Marriott Rewards
and see the anger and frustration amongst Plats and higher.
I score 90% of the time @ MR.And yes it takes work (sigh)

All programs take steps to analyze to maximize benefits with upgrades and good point value.With the upcoming bloodbath of the Hyatt upcoming devaluation
I'm crunching the numbers this year of what programs I will use or won't use to strategize best value and experience.Every country and region requires a different strategy its exhausting
I've been playing the game now 30 years!Thanks to this community and through the blogs I've learned much!
I realize there are plenty that can't/don't wish be bothered.Happy with the outcome so I do what's best at the time