FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rumor: Possible fee increase and benefits change for the Amex Hilton Aspire
Old Mar 9, 2023, 7:55 am
pharmawalk

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Like resort fee charging hotels, AMEX wants to offer credits that LOOK valuable, but a minority of cardholders actually use. (CLEAR, LYFT, on-property non-room rate spend, etc.) They also want people to put non-hotel spend through the credit card - therefore the airline credit being split into 4 separate chunks.

Where Amex and Hilton are burning money unnecessarily is the statement credits for hotel spend. People are already getting this card for the Diamond status and the 14x on hotel spend. I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of cardholders wouldn't cancel the card (and their Diamond status) just because some statement credits went away...
Actually, if the resort credit and airline credit gets broken up, I'll no longer keep this card.

With the progressive reductions in the breakfast (food&beverage) benefit, most resorts saying 'there are too many diamonds to provide upgrades' and the lack of guaranteed late checkout, the loss of the resort credit and breaking up of the airline credit will tip the scales for me and hilton will go bye bye.