FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cabin temperature?
View Single Post
Old Mar 4, 2023, 1:51 am
worldclubber

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by gold23
I've read a few reviews of the A330 that the cabin temperature is often kept uncomfortably high. We're on an overnight from EWR-ZRH coming up, and (she doesn't read this, thankfully) will be traveling with a menopausal wife. We typically fly UA and it's perfectly fine, but if we get a hot cabin (in J, if that matters) she's going to be miserable. Actually to the point where she asked me to look for other options if it's going to be hot.

So my questions are.... Is it really that much different than USA carriers? If it is, do FA react and act on requests from passengers to lower the temp if asked? What is the actual temp if it is considered "warm"? I have a temp gauge on my watch, and am always curious on flights. Most of my overnight UA flights live anywhere between 68-71* F.

thx
Talked to the purser on a recent flight and he said he always sets it to 20C (68F), which is the lowest the system allows him to do.

His theory about people complaining that it is too hot was that they eat a lot, drink (too) much wine and wear the wrong clothes. And he's probably at least partially right. I have now moved from wearing the long-sleeved PJs LX provides in F to just wearing the pants with a short-sleeved t-shirt, which helps. The duvet they provide in F is still too thick, but the one in J is much better in that sense. If you are prepared, you should be fine and do talk to the FAs when you are too hot, so that they can at least change the setting to 68.