FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WoH 2023 Category Changes to Take Effect on Mar 28
Old Mar 2, 2023, 10:47 am
Kirk T

I was thinking about how the devaluation would change my decision making, and had the following that stood out:

Park Hyatt Aviara, Seabird, Mason Pacific going up --> I am more likely to stay at HR Huntington Beach. Had a very nice stay at the PH recently, but was already debating whether I would go back there before Huntington Beach, because Huntington has beach access, more child friendly pools, and bigger standard suite (Huntington Suite). Now the choice is more obvious. Never really considered Alila Marea after reading reviews.

HR Maui --> HRC Maui. Same points now. True, you don't get Globalist benefits, and there's the 10am checkout time, but HRC rooms were already soooo much bigger, pool area less crowded, etc. Finding availability is more difficult though. In Wailea, some of the Destination places are still very attractive.

Squaw Creek -- staying with HR Tahoe. If HR Tahoe undergoes renovation or rebranding, entirely expecting it to go up to Cat 7 too.

Grand Hyatt Kauai -- if going back, probably would still pay points, but only if I have SUA and find availability.

Park Hyatt Vienna --> Andaz Vienaa. Particular to my own traveling situation with family, Andaz was probably going to be the better choice with two kids anyways. Andaz outside of city center being a main detraction, but going forward price difference is simply too large.

The Cape -- love this place, and would pay the higher points amount. However, recently got a Hyatt timeshare offer for Sirena del Mar, which looks basically next door to the Cape. Haven't done a timeshare offer in ages, but would probably consider it if going back to Cabo in conjunction with a stay at the Cape to save some points.

Andaz WeHo and The Shay --> probably just avoiding Hyatt when in LA, or just booking a Hyatt Place. Probably book the HP Pasadena before the price goes up (though Cat 3 to 4 is smallest increase in points).

Hotel Éclat Taipei down to Cat 2 -- might consider this over Grand Hyatt Taipei, depending on whether GH is at normal or peak points.