FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing
Old Mar 2, 2023, 7:29 am
plinth857

Programs: UA, AA Plat Pro, DL, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Yeah, ever since the long term parking garage was torn down parking has been an inconvenient nightmare. After 3 trips in a row of trying to park on airport and failing, I've just given up generally and use ParkPlace/FastPark.

Agree with the appeal of taking the train all the way to the airport... Having our second home (wife's primary residence) in DC and being completely carless on that side of the world it's wonderful... If you have a reliable mass transit system with a wide enough network. There our nearest Metro station is less than a block away. Here I'm within a 1-2 miles of Cedar-University and Little Italy -- just far enough to be impractical to walk with any kind of luggage most of the year, and downright dangerous parts of the year -- and I've heard enough horror stories about the Red line not running/being replaced by busses/.... that it's not really worth the gamble. Would be lovely if it worked. On the flip side doing IAD to our NoMA/Union Station apartment is well over an hour on the train (DCA is probably about 40ish minutes) -- but not actually that much slower than a car.
I've got a friend in Lakewood and he is a little more than a mile from the W 117th station. You're technically not supposed to park there long term, but he's parked there and taken the train to Hopkins for shorter trips before. I wonder if he calls the transit police to get permission for that. I'm all for Transit Oriented Development. I've toyed with the idea of getting a place in the future that's very near or connected to a Red Line Station (INTRO comes to mind, but it's a bit pricy!).