FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please report your Star Alliance award redemption experiences
Old Feb 27, 2023, 5:53 am
intuition
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by KLouis
Many years ago (b.C. and not BC), telegrams were often charged by the number of words. No such thing, nowadays, for email, whatsapp, viber and, needless to say, posting in FT. I always wonder why people use abbreviations when posting, such as BC, bus., Z and C for business class, just to list a few that all mean the exact same thing. Let's all try, on a voluntary basis, to restrict that, clearly for the sake of older people (like myself). It may take a fraction of a second to type a few more letters, it takes old people often minutes to figure out what the poster means...

PS1 Translation of FT for people of my kind: flyertalk!
PS2 I know this is in vain, but having nothing better to do today (age plus a public holiday) I'm trying my luck!
For the sake of the younger, perhaps 'Post Scriptum' should be spelled out too?

Well, I agree BC for 'Business Class' is slightly odd to me too, but when it comes to airline codes it is pretty established to use the IATA codes. They are also all in the glossary (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/glossary.php )