FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SkyTeam status match for UA 1k - which one?
Old Dec 17, 2004, 8:58 am
Frohling1

Originally Posted by FTraveler
DL does offer 6 systemwides for their top tier, Platinum Medallion, but for international travel they are only valid on Y/B/M fares unlike UA systemwides. DL also does not do international upgrades at the gate like UA. So, if there are still seats available in business at the gate these seats will either be filled with non-revs or fly out empty.

Why in the world would you want to leave UA? DL metal in Asia is the sum total of one flight per day between ATL and NRT. DL does not have an international F. They may give you mid-tier Gold status, but I doubt very much if they'll comp you to Platinum.

Thanks for the reply. I don't really know if I WANT to leave, it was just something I was thinking about. I have been getting a bit bored with the exact same menus on United, consistently worn out or broken seats in C, power adaptors that are more than not inoperable, etc.

I thought it may be nice to try a new product, but from the post and from emails I got, it sounds like I am best to stay where I am!

Ken