FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Concierge Key / ConciergeKey / CK members lounge (master thread)
Old Feb 22, 2023, 9:26 pm
metallo

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
A nice meal ordering experience I thought I'd share...

I flew STL-MIA this week. I couldn't preorder, as I switched to the flight last-minute. It was an early morning breakfast flight with the choice of a frittata or smoked salmon.

I ended up in an aisle seat in row 4, a seat I'd generally avoid, because it almost feels like you're in coach. I'm a window seat guy, so this seat felt very exposed.

As I was sitting there, not thrilled with my seat assignment, I was pleasantly surprised when the J FA came back to row 4 and asked me which choice I'd like for breakfast. She explained that she was supposed to take orders front to back, but she had several pre-orders, and she wanted to make sure I got my first choice. She thanked me for my business and for being a "Key passenger." She then asked the guy across the aisle on the other side of row 4 what he'd like and thanked him for his business and for being EP. She also gave his wife in the window seat her first choice (seemed like she probably didn't have status). Afterwards, she went back to row 1 and took orders front to back, as would generally be done for a flight going east and crossing a timezone.

Just thought it was interesting. I've gotten stuck with the salmon a few times recently - not that it's bad, I just wanted something else, so it was nice to have the choice of the frittata. Without the FA prioritizing my order as a CK, I likely wouldn't have had a choice.

They did a 5am full PDB also. It's the little things sometimes.