FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MVP Status for free?
View Single Post
Old Dec 16, 2004, 6:28 pm
Snowdevil

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
fredmartens, I don't know, which is why I am asking the question.
Secondly, we could argue that all the questions on this forum could be answered by callig the airlines, so tone down a bit.
Lucky, Fred was just making a valid point. You asked:

A friend told me that if you call up Alaskan Airlines and tell them that you are planning on travelling a lot in the coming year with them, they will give you MVP status on the spot if you fly 25,000 miles in the next three months. Can anybody confirm this?

So Fred replied:

Um, I think you get MVP anyway after flying 20K, MVPG for 40K.

Clearly he replied to point out that you'll hit MVP after 20K, so why were you bothering to ask about 25K - you'd have already hit MVP by then, right?

Of course then you pointed out:

I plan on flying with partners as weel, which means 25,000 and 50,000.

So obviously you already know that you need 25K when you fly partners as well as AS metal - which again begs the question, why would you need to ask about this if you already know the answer?

I think the confusion here is that you're wondering if they'll spot you MVP status because you plan to fly 25K - but haven't ACTUALLY flown that amount yet. Is that correct?

And if that's the case, then it never hurts to ask - but Mileage Plan typically only spots someone status based on matching your status at another carrier, not based on your promises of miles galore down the line.