FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - T-Mobile Ending Autopay Discount for Credit Cards
Old Feb 19, 2023, 6:05 am
scubadu

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by F1.Cullen
I’m ‘set up’ on autopay with a credit card, but in reality, I just use my debit card and manually pay 2-3 months ahead of time, since I like using debit and check the account fairly often.

No issues and I get whatever ‘autopay discount’ they offer.
That is all fine and good, but if your credit card is the default payment method in the system for autopay, then you will no longer receive the autopay discount going forward. Paying with a debit card during the billing cycle has no bearing on whether one receives the autopay discount or not.

However, in your case, if you are paying with a debit card anyhow just change your autopay method to the debit card and be done with it. You'll continue to receive the discount in that case.

For many of us though, we prefer to earn credit card points for this spend and as another poster mentioned, some credit cards offer pretty solid phone insurance when paying with a credit card which one would forfeit if paying with a debit card.

Regards