FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - T-Mobile Ending Autopay Discount for Credit Cards
Old Feb 18, 2023, 5:04 pm
Need

Originally Posted by draver
I've been reading the forums regarding this, and am not too put off by it. I am considering several possible workarounds since I have 12 lines, 8 that qualify for a $40 monthly discount.

1. Open an account strictly for this, with a debit card and no other fees or charges. a monthly deposit is one & done. No link to my real accounts.
2. Pay 90% of my on line charges early with a credit card and let the remainder go to a debit card yet to be determined. Might work, might not. I'd still get most CC perks.
3. Register a debit card with Apple Pay, then use that for payment. High security with that payment service, so little risk if another data leak occurs. (When, Perhaps?)

I intend to wait & see what the hive mind on Reddit seems to think might be best however. I have such a low monthly bill that a $40 increase is 35% of my current costs.
I like you 1 and 2 plans combined. I will probably open a T-Mobile Money account just for paying T-Mobile monthly charges, and set up a calendar reminder to pay off 99% of the balance with my credit card a few days before autopay.