FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Book mileage upgrades online
View Single Post
Old Dec 16, 04, 1:55 pm
clarence5ybr

Originally Posted by josejsoe50
I can see this tool is going to take some work to figure out from both our end and the NWA end. I was trying to see options for flying DTW-LON (either LGW or LHR) for May or June or July and it only gave me NWA or KLM flight options. I was trying to see if it would let me book a CO 777 out of EWR (the wife has never flown transatlantic and thought BF would be a good move) but no matter what I do (even changing the departing airport to EWR) the system sticks me with NWA/KLM. It even has me flying EWR-DTW-AMS-LHR. Am I missing something here?

I wouldn't be surprised if there is no CO availability with that tool. Yes, you can upgrade on CO using WP miles, but when I tried to do this a year and a half ago, it was such a headache (two people I talked to said I had to buy the ticket from CO, then call NW to upgrade, one claimed I could do it all through NW; CO will waitlist OP members for BF, but not WP members; the NW computers didn't seem to be able to access upgrade availability from CO's computers) that I ended up opening a OP account and tranferring Amex miles in there to do the upgrade. If it was that complicated on the phone, I'm not surprised if the website doesn't offer it.