FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - National/ Alamo FAQs and Questions
View Single Post
Old Feb 11, 2023, 6:18 pm
mciampa

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, United Premier Silver, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Has something changed with National with respect to using a corporate code on rentals for personal use?

I work for a big company that has negotiated special employee rates with a variety of travel companies and they provide a code for renting from National for personal use. I've been using the code successfully for many years but now when I input the code for a future booking its bringing up pricing that is significantly higher than my basic Emerald Club discount pricing.

I sent a notice internally at my company to our Corp Travel team to ask if something has changed but haven't received any reply yet. I'm wondering if this might be a temporary pricing glitch or worse, that National is no longer offering discounts for personal use or maybe the contract was terminated? Anyone else experiencing this when trying to use a valid corporate code with National?
I’ve noticed the same thing. Pricing used to be equal between our corporate plan and personal plan but now the corporate is always significantly cheaper.