FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stop & Shop and Giant supermarkets gas rewards points on gift card purchases(2018-24)
Old Feb 10, 2023, 7:14 am
gatorboy

Location: WashDC - AA Lifetime Gold, UA Premier Gold, Marriott Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, Cal Tort Burrito Elito
Originally Posted by centrifuge41
Thanks danpeake. I went to a second Giant-MD store and I had no problem spending 1500 (1517.85) on 3 Visas using my Chase Freedom credit card. They didn't even look at the card. Looks like many stores' cards are all Vanilla/SecureSpend now.
Two quick things.

The various stores in my suburban DC area all still take credit cards no problem for purchasing gift cards.

And as it happens, I was at a store just this morning where the gift card rack had completely disappeared. But after doing a little shopping, about 10 minutes later, they rolled it out from the back totally stocked with vanilla cards. I talked to the two guys handling the switch and it turns out they work for a third-party company, but are basically going store to store and changing out the racks. They said that the old vendor had gone out of business. Don’t know if that’s true. The guy with the drill doing the install was basically just a kid so not sure how much he actually knows.