FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
View Single Post
Old Feb 4, 2023, 8:26 am
dwhelan5

Originally Posted by StangGT909
I'm going there in a few days, I had looked at menus and had planned to just check out a different place each night for my 5 nights. Let me know if you strongly recommend against this, but my thinking wasn't just for the food, but to get different scenery every night.

1. Ufaa, 2. Mandoo, 3. Sunset, 4. Vilu, 5. Either Rangali bar or repeat whatever is our favorite

Did you make any reservations prior to arrival? With how under capacity the resort may be from the recent posts, do you think it's necessary to make arrangements before you even arrive at the property?
I'm traveling from the USA, and expect our body clocks to be off for quite a while, (Plus the resort has their own time zone?) - meaning I have no idea what "local time" we'll actually truly want to eat , at least for the first few days.
Their site said something about cancellation fees (albeit I think that's for the high end restaurants) but regardless my plan was to figure it out on the first day that I arrive and make reservations if needed then

Would that work or do you recommend doing it in advance
Your plan would work fine as well. Ufaa is definitely the cheapest and best bang for your buck if you care about that however.

We made all reservations prior to arrival, but a few times we changed the time without any issue. Given the resort isn’t at capacity you probably don’t need reservations, but it can’t hurt. I’d make sure you check out the February dining calendar as not every restaurant is open every day and so it took us a bit of organizing to make sure we hit the restaurants we wanted to go to on the days they were open.

We also traveled from the US. JFK>DOH>MLE. I slept about 4 hours on the overnight Doha leg and 3 hours on the overnight Male leg and surprisingly we had virtually zero jet lag. It definitely helped we were in business class.

The island is +1 hour time difference from Male, so 11 hours ahead of NYC. You can set your phone to Dhaka Bangladesh to get the time zone the island operates at.

I will add our massages we’re very good. Worth $550? Probably not, but it’s the Maldives!