FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
View Single Post
Old Feb 4, 2023, 7:26 am
StangGT909

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by dwhelan5
Just finished up an 8 night stay. Feel free to ask any questions.

To answer some recent questions…

We were about 15 pounds over our weight luggage limit. Nobody said anything. I’m not sure they really care.

For our 8:20pm flight we took the 4:30 seaplane. We did have to wait about 30min until check in opened. A few more distinguished guests were invited to use the Conrad seaplane lounge for an hour or so upon departure, we were not.

Mandhoo and Ufaa were our favorite restaurants (and legitimately good food). I’d avoid sunset grill and Vilu (if you come from an area with great Italian food, it’ll disappoint). The Indian cuisine at Atoll Market was also very good.

The GM cocktail event is every Tuesday 6-7pm. If you get invited it’s worth going.

Saw plenty of wildlife during our stay from our overwater villa (347). Sharks, Manta Rays, Sting Rays, Sea Turtles, bioluminescence, and plenty of fish!

Snorkeling was great and the coral is starting to show some signs of regrowth.

I'm going there in a few days, I had looked at menus and had planned to just check out a different place each night for my 5 nights. Let me know if you strongly recommend against this, but my thinking wasn't just for the food, but to get different scenery every night.

1. Ufaa, 2. Mandoo, 3. Sunset, 4. Vilu, 5. Either Rangali bar or repeat whatever is our favorite

Did you make any reservations prior to arrival? With how under capacity the resort may be from the recent posts, do you think it's necessary to make arrangements before you even arrive at the property?
I'm traveling from the USA, and expect our body clocks to be off for quite a while, (Plus the resort has their own time zone?) - meaning I have no idea what "local time" we'll actually truly want to eat , at least for the first few days.
Their site said something about cancellation fees (albeit I think that's for the high end restaurants) but regardless my plan was to figure it out on the first day that I arrive and make reservations if needed then

Would that work or do you recommend doing it in advance