FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 15% off all SkyMiles awards for Amex cardholder
Old Feb 2, 2023, 12:35 pm
ATOBTTR
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Daremo999
They boosted prices before releasing this tool. I had looked at BOS>LGW 9/6 - 9/17 and it was 148K for O (Delta One) RT. Its now 156 AFTER applying the 15% discount. So they bumped the price about 25% and then "gave us" a 15% discount. Pretty shady move that I am not liking at all.
Your anecdotal example isn’t proof of anything and is simply indicative that fare offerings on that route have changed due to either bookings filling in lower fares or DL’s Revenue Management adjusting prices for any number of given reasons just the same as happens with cash fares. To counter your example, I checked my bookings for an upcoming mileage run where I have mileage tickets booked and I’ve been checking every day since booking just to see if the prices dropped so I could rebook for fewer miles and the price today before the discount is the same as it was yesterday when there was no discount and can see the discount applied today for a cheaper ticket than it was yesterday. Other routings are cheaper with the discount today than yesterday. The price I booked at a while ago is still cheaper so I haven’t switched it rebooked. I’ve also played with some routes where I’ve considered booking but haven’t yet and could see that the prices before a discount are the same they were yesterday and with the discount are 15% cheaper.