FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Concierge Key / ConciergeKey / CK members lounge (master thread)
Old Feb 1, 2023, 7:37 am
Dettmann1

Programs: HY DIA, HI Gold, M Plat, SPG Gold, AC Plat
Originally Posted by GoBirds
I have a question regarding IRROPS assistance through the CK desk. I've unfortunately had multiple flight disruptions/cancellations/missed flights due to weather recently. Historically when this has happened to me, CK help desk reps have been very proactive, contacting me quickly by text and call, prebooking backup or replacement flights, etc, without me having to call them first.

However, over the past month or so, when I've had IRROPS, on more than one occasion no one has contacted me, and I've had to call the CK line to rebook or find a solution. And when I do call, it seems that the reps I've been connected to don't really what to do or what is possible, and they keep telling me to hold while they call the help desk to see what they can or cannot do to resolve the issue. I've also gotten incorrect answers from them after they tell me this, such as telling me there are no seats on a replacement flight when there is, or telling me they cannot book me on another airline, then subsequently doing just that without telling me that they've done that.

I guess my question is, is there actually a different department or desk that specifically deals with IRROPS, and is that the one that used to contact me with a solution already in hand? And if there is a specific "help desk", is there a way for me to contact them directly and not go through the standard CK line first?
So I think this depends a little bit on when the IRROPS occurs. From what a couple of agents have explained to me in the past - they do proactively monitor disruptions and then have a subset of the CK deal agents work the flight issues in an order which they then call you with the solution. Those people are the same agents you’d call using your normal CK number.

The challenge becomes in a large irrops situation - in that case they typically have to call someone internally to release a seat to then place you in it - that’s typically who they have to call out for and I’m pretty sure that’s tied into their internal inventory management/Ops team because they will intentionally block a certain subset of seats for crew movement during irrops. I think they keep that team internal for a reason.