FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Disappointed in AF
View Single Post
Old Dec 15, 2004, 12:13 pm
ALEXIS2004

Disappointed in AF

Hi all,

For those of you who have seen my previous posts, you might have noted that I had an upbeat and positive feeling about AF and F+.

This changed today. I had 2 flights which were both on 777-200. My first 12 hour flight I had prebooked seat 23J only to be told at the airport that they had overbooked Business class and would have to downgrade some business class passengers to row 23. So I had to settle for 24G. I decided not to make a fuss out of it and took things calmly.
15 hours later, I boarded the second flight which was 1 1/2 hour delayed due to weather and de-icing of the plane at CDG. My seat number was 35C which also is supposed to be one of the best seats in the cabin. The problem this time was that the actual seat was is terrible shape (very hard seat, the inside sponge totally worn out so the feeling was as if sitting on wood. You didn't have to sit to feel something wrong you could see the problem!!). I asked to speak to the cabin attendant. She told me she would see what she can do after take-off but was quite sure that only middle seats would be available. I explained to her that as FP Red, I always chose rows 23 and 35 in 777-200. In any case, she did not come back to me at all after take-off.
Halfway through the flight, I began to really feel bothered by my seat and this time asked to speak to the chief attendant. After explaining to her the situation, she took one look at me and said "if it is an upgrade you are looking for, I am sorry this is impossible" in a very arrogant and really unwarranted manner. I looked at her and just said "I never asked for any upgrade, I just feel that after logging 93,000miles in 2004 with AF and I am supposed to have some privilege being Red, and I feel I am entitled to at least complain when something is so very clearly wrong. She just answered "Sorry there is nothing I can do".
An hour later, she came back to me saying she will write a report about the incident. I thought she had reconsidered that her attitude was totally out of place.
As the flight arrived, I thought she would give me a copy of the report. I approached her thinking she had changed her attitude. She told me "this report is internal, you cannot get a copy of it and Customer Service will follow it up only if they find a follow-up is warranted. At that moment, I looked at her and just told her "since you are the one who wrote it, I really doubt there will ever be a follow-up by Customer Service" and left the plane.

Would appreciate your feedback about what you think I should do next.