FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Understanding the United Upgrade List Comprehensively
Old Jan 29, 2023, 4:24 pm
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Ophelia
I'm just wondering why sometimes cleared upgrades show up with a checkmark/seat assignment on the upgrade list, or they just disappear from the list altogether (from my personal perspective
UA may or may not have an explanation, but from our perspective there is neither rhyme nor reason. I've personally had my upgrades handled both ways (check mark or disappear), and there is no logical pattern from my perspective. In fact, my name has showed with a checkmark when I've purchased an upgrade that booked into P (which is not an upgrade fare class).

The other thing to keep in mind watching the list is there can be quite a bit of movement in the last few days as confirmed pax change their plans and either cancel or move to another flight, while others make last minute purchases or change onto the flight. This can result in quick inventory swings in both directions that may look very suspicious.

Example: We were booked PHX-KOA on DL for Wednesday night, there was a miss, and DL rebooked us on UA the following morning. I'm sure there are two pax who thought they were looking good for the upgrade on LAX-KOA who are wondering what the heck happened to the two F seats that suddenly disappeared about 15 hours prior to departure.