FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ANA winter 2022 schedule is announced
View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2023, 6:01 pm
SuperEWR

Originally Posted by theasianguy
Just wait, be patient, F will return to LAX on NH .

I think there may have been a miscalculation about 24 F seats on LAX-TYO between JL/AA. Of those 3 flights, Only JL 15/16 LAX-HND is a 77W with 8F seats. JL 61/62 LAX-NRT is operating on a high density 787-9 with only 28J and no F. AA 169/170 is a 788, with only 20J and no F.

So in fact, there are only 28 total F seats on the LAX-TYO market this winter, and would shrink to a measly 12 if NH pulled all 77Ws from the route. Yes, paid transpacific F demand is far greater from LAX than SFO. I don't think any Asian airline has operated more premium seats to SFO than LAX in the past. The 60+ J cabin on both NH LAX 77W flights appear quite full on close in bookings, so I can't imagine why they would shrink down to 48 x 3. Also, 77W gives a nice boost to belly cargo.
Huh that's really strange, I was looking at random dates in June on Google flights and the AA flights show up when searching for F, but then if I dig into what they're flying, they're 787s as you noted so they don't actually have an F cabin...that's my miscalc for sure, so that for sure changes the analysis. All I can say is that I hope NH keeps F on the SFO routes and more importantly, keeps dumping award seats onto the market like they have been