FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Long haul in-flight catering 2023 | First
Old Jan 26, 2023, 5:25 pm
jjLDNY

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Dom Fly
We are flying from LHR to LAX, in couple of weeks on the 3:45pm flight - I am unable to pre-select a meal or see option as when flying CW. This is my first time flying F so not sure if may pre-selection isn't available in F unless an dietary specific meal and just hope they load enough food. I have left an enquiry with You first on sunday after reading on here but have still not got a response and tried to call but just rang for 20mins so gave up.

Anyone done this route or similar recently, what would be on the menu? Like to know so do (under or) over indulge in the lounge before (not that the current CCR menu has too many options!)

I am in 2k on the A380 incase they don't load much food which i have seen has been the case on this route in the 2022 page, will the crew be taking orders from row1 even if the galley is behind?
I have only ever been able to select dietary options ahead of. You can contact You First for the menus as you've done. Given you're traveling in Feb the menu will likely change, you'll likely be one of the first on here to request a menu so do share once you receive it. I am LHR > JFK on Sunday so I'll share that if it differs to the previous.

As for orders, If it's a World Wide crew, they typically come and ask Prem/GGL if they have a preference, then work from front-to-back. If you're in row 2, you should be fine unless you have a particularly GGL heavy flight who happen to order a limited dish.