FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OT: ISO Israeli Lawyer to sue AA
View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 2023, 8:22 am
theroz

Originally Posted by Jzlerner
I don't want to repeat myself on this thread as it's not the subject at hand but simply put:

Didn't book a hotel room as AA didn't let us out the gate area, not even to the terminal throughout the entire ordeal. AA blamed it on Bermuda, Bermuda put out a press release saying they granted an exemption to the passengers and had COVID testers standing by. I'm inclined to believe a Government with nothing to lose rather than an airline with potentially thousands in accommodation costs.

​​​​​​Couldn't care less about the cost of a lawyer. I have insurance for a significant amount for legal fees even in persuit of compensation. And even still, it's NIS 10,000 per breach of the law. So 10,000 for no food, no accommodation, no communication assistance, failure to pay legally require compensation within 45 days, failure to notify passengers of their rights etc... That's NIS 50,000 right there. (approx $14,000). Although, it could be $1 and it wouldn't change my position. I have nothing to lose (costs insured) and lots to gain

Just need to find a lawyer...
"Just need to find a lawyer." better put is I need to find a lawyer who agrees with my assessment. Even if a lawyer will agree with you they will try to figure out the max the award will get and how much time it will take from them, so even if the NIS 50K is correct after figuring the amount of time and length it just not might not be worth their time and effort.

I get that response alot when I was looking for a lawyer myself (not in Israel), the max they felt theyd end up with didnt justify the time and effort theyd need to put into it, a couple did say theyd get it in motion but werent willing to do anything more and said they were hoping for a settlement which was gonna be alot less then if we went into court

1 case DH and I were on a SN flight that went MX and CXed @ TLV SN was willing to compensate according to EU261 but Israeli Law was alittle over $200 more they said EU or nothing we took the EU261 since a lawyer would have taken 33% leaving us almost at the EU amount anyways. I tried hard to get The Israeli amount but in the end it wasnt worth it, as it would have cost us more out of pocket.

Sorry to hear what you went thru,no one should have to have endured that but people have to stop looking at the airlines as very deep pocketed companies that I rack over the coals, yea they do that to us but as the saying goes 'not everything in life is fair'.

Are you aware of any cases where someone sued an airline in Israel for what you want to and won and got paid the full amount?