FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - International-to-international Connection tips at SFO from SK935
Old Jan 26, 2023, 7:07 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
I find that in 99%+ of cases it is considerably faster. Many airports in the US also have multiple security check points and if you know those airports you pick the less crowded ones.
Even most GE users with PreCheck often don’t have a clue about “pick the less crowded ones”. And less crowded security checkpoints aren’t always the faster or better ones — something that even most frequent US flyers have no clue about unless sticking to a narrow set of airports and the same flight times a bunch.

And just because something worked out one way with PreCheck in connection with an international SK flight doesn’t mean it will work the same way even for the same flight at the same time at the same checkpoint with the same screeners the next week when again having a PreCheck boarding pass.

The US is not an ideal place to do international-to-international connections — and it’s one reason that SK loses some of my business to EU/Schengen area airlines with service allowing me to bypass the US and the increasing mess hitting me in GE lines as the US CBP gets ever more into the “Simplified (Biometrics” Arrival” process for most of those coming off SK flights in the US.