FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - International-to-international Connection tips at SFO from SK935
Old Jan 26, 2023, 5:07 am
FlyingMoose

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by SK2751
I am more concerned about the time for interview and the annoying process than $. If it saves me 3 hours a year, I would like to spend way less than three hours on getting it (as there is also an extra cognitive cost of having another crappy membership to remember and renew).
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Interviews can often be done on arrival to the US, but it could mean waiting as long as 1-2.5 hours for the enrollment on arrival "interview" process that is done before exiting the international baggage hall on arrival to the US even as it's often much faster than that.
The interviews can really only realistically be done on arrival. The scheduled options are completely random, usually really far out and in impossible locations like US/CA border stations in Minnesota that are an 8 hour drive from MSP.

If you do your homework and take a smart flight there are usually no queues. Sure you land at ORD or LAX at noon it will take time. You land at SFO at 5PM there is no queue. This is a non issue if you're smart about it.

And then of course it gives you TSA Pre which will save you copious amounts of time on domestic security.