FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FA: " Rule is your food must be on floor not in overhead bin. Move it."
Old Jan 25, 2023, 5:21 pm
QueenOfCoach

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
If a FA were to request someone totally out of line ("Punch your seatmate" or "Let me see you laptop contents"), I would ask another FA to confirm the request or ask the Captain. This is, in my opinion, ridiculous speculation. An FA who wanted to stay employed wouldn't make such requests.

Getting back to the OP.

The OP was asked to remove "food" from the overhead bin and put it under the seat. Is that a reasonable request? Who knows.

The OP came here for some kind of back up. However, most of us reasonable folks wanted more details such as the type of food and how it was packed. The OP left, and we are debating what kind of reasonable FA requests we would follow or question.

A reasonable person would say that "food" such as granola bars would be OK in an overhead bin. A reasonable person would say that "food" such as airport fast-food in a flimsy paper bag that can leak, stink and make a mess during turbulence would not be OK in an overhead bin.