FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GUIDE to Trip Credit, Flight Credit, Travel Voucher, Gift Card, Refund
Old Jan 25, 2023, 11:38 am
Sparty3

Can someone let me know if there's a term and condition I am overlooking here?

AA gave away our paid business class seats (I mention PAID bc it was not an upgrade, it was booked in I class). They could not rebook us within 24 hours, so a supervisor at AA offered a full refund as there was no airport within 300 miles to rebook us in ANY class of service.

1 of 3 tickets were FULLY refunded

Ticket 2:
Booked Sept 16 2022
One way: MSY-CLT-YYZ | Booked in I class (first / business)

Numbers are rounded to make it easier:
$700 USD total fare
$200 USD trip credit (this trip credit was issued due to a AA reservations agent rebooking my husband on the wrong flight, he did not ask it... it was given to him as a goodwill gesture)
$500 USD charged to AMEX

I understand we did not pay for $200 of the $700 fare so I would not at any point expect a $700 refund
How can they keep the FULL AMOUNT in a trip credit though.... why would the $500 not be owed to me in a refund?
Better yet, this trip credit expires in just over 2 weeks from today bc the original $200 USD trip credit was issued in Feb 2022
We live in Canada so our options with AA are limited unless going to the US

Ticket 3:
$700 FULL FARE
- $275 issued in a travel credit expires in Jan 2024
- $425 refunded

The $275 was a paper voucher issued to us in Jan/Feb 2020 due to a computer issue at US Pre-Clearance that affected several passengers being delayed that day. We used the $275 several times to rebook NEW flights but they were cancelled by AA as they had very limited service to Canada during COVID. We would have flown had the flights been available.
The $275 was still my money, paid with by credit card.
Now I'm still stuck with it?