FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA191 to Austin
Thread: BA191 to Austin
View Single Post
Old Jan 25, 2023, 8:14 am
aztimm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by Magnum9
I don’t understand the allure of Austin at all. I had to attend the Forrester Summit there last May and given how awful the weather was then I can’t imagine what June, July, August & September are like. It’s landlocked and suffers from ungodly humidity. This is the time to go and nobody’s going.
Things are just horrible here in Austin. Best to just stay away. It gets cold in the winter, and the electric grid is not reliable. Summer has brutal heat and humidity. And the traffic... Yes, best to just stay away.

To the OP:
I've taken BA 191 and 190 several times. The least empty was in October 2021, when travelers from the US were able to leave, but most travelers from elsewhere couldn't come in. I think we had about 10 in the entire business cabin, and the FA's were very energetic (plus it was on Halloween, and they had never been in the USA for that before).
Otherwise, I agree with everyone else. While the flight might not be filled to the gills, I'd expect the load to be 70-80%. Have you looked at the return AUS-LHR flight? If BA cancels the outbound, then the inbound is also impacted.

And feel free to give me a shout if you need any ideas for things to do once here. Or check out the Texas forum (there's links in my signature).