FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ET adds CPH from 22nd May
View Single Post
Old Jan 25, 2023, 2:57 am
Goaguy

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Originally Posted by Jetboi
Then their 714/715 ADD-ARN-OSL-ARN-ADD must do really, really well? Also, I wonder if they will reroute the existing ADD-VIE-BRU-VIE-ADD, or just have another VIE stop.

I understand this is great for you @Goaguy, but if it makes them ditch OSL, it's not that great for me On the other hand, good excuse to go via FRA and have a nice lounge experience for once. And yes, those stops are actually quite inconvenient, especially in Y.
I doubt it would affect OSL.
Considering how many people actually fly from CPH to Addis, this makes a lot of sense. But perhaps it is more difficult and expense to get a CPH slot than OSL/ARN?
I recall about 3-4 years ago I passed a large wall-poster in CPH airport where it listed which non-direct routes departing from CPH had the most travellers. YVR and ADD were some of the highest on the list. I think the main reason ET picked OSL and ARN over CPH is because there are such good connections between CPH and FRA/ARN and there is a very large Ethiopian community especially in Sweden. But since CPH serves all southern Sweden this was a logical move that were bound to happen. I have been flying one too many times to ARN from CPH just to fly back to ADD, in the opposite direction.