FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Day in the life BA short haul crew
View Single Post
Old Jan 25, 2023, 2:48 am
PUCCI GALORE
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by HIDDY
How does the ''day in the life of BA short haul crew'' today, compare to the the day of old?
I can only speak for BCAL. We went to destination and return. Occasionally we’d night stop domestically on the end of a return trip but that was the exception rather than the rule. Towards the end I was a Long Haul Hannah and didn’t get rostered so much on the European flights. May I also add that we used to have wonderful lay overs. We’d arrive in LAX and return from ATL on one roster.

It was a different world. However this I will say. It is wonderful that people here consider the lives and work trials of others, however this is the life. At recruitment the applicants are told ”the job is not difficult but it is hard on you”. Since the huge changes and there being only one sleep, there is nobody (as the roster has shown) who flies just long haul, or just short haul. They fly everything. The hardest part that did not affect shorthaul what time changes and climate changes.

I think that, for a number of reasons, particularly in view of the travelling public today, the lives of those who fly for BA are much tougher than we had