FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Overpackers Anonymous?
View Single Post
Old Dec 15, 2004, 4:27 am
Oceanbound222

Packing the suitcase full of stuff is not the problem. The problem is carrying it to and from the airports.

If I am feeling generous with myself, I hire a private car to pick me up at my home or hotel and drive me to and from the airport. This saves sooooo much energy and swear words than going by public transportion. You have no idea how many curse words I can say when I am face with the prospect of having to carry the bags I just crammed full of clothes.

I am getting to a point in my life where I no longer want to drag heavy luggage all over hell and back. I instead let the driver do most of the work and I sit in the backseat and know that my vacation starts the MINUTE I lock my apt door on my way to the airport. In other words, my vacation starts when I leave my home, not when I arrive at my destination.

I have a friend who is very generous with himself and sends his bags FedEx to his hotel. He refuses to carry anything. You cannot image how easy this makes his travel!!!! He is willing to pay for this luxury. Maybe one day I will be as good to myself as my friend is.

Last edited by Oceanbound222; Dec 15, 2004 at 4:34 am