FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finally and Sadly (Covid) Silver status is ending - any options?!
Old Jan 24, 2023, 5:40 pm
Cw novice

Originally Posted by Gina2003
My BA Silver status was maintained during COVID (thanks BA) allowing me access to lounges (American in US) but alas it is coming to an end in April. I wasn't one of the lucky ones that could maintain status in 2022 by getting reduced tier points by end of Dec 2022 (450 points). I managed 480 points but now need 600 by April 8, 2023 to maintain. I have 8 American flght segments before then but even at 10 tier points a segment, that won't get me there. Are my only options ...4 more American segments or a flight across the pond on BA to maintain it? Thanks in advance.
Firstly whereabouts in the states are you based?

Your status will remain until 31 May

The best option is to get the 600 tier points between the 8th April and 31 May so you will get 2 years of status.

I would suggest flying in Y to the UK for 2 weeks and do 2 5 day double TP holidays in J to 80 tp destinations that will get you 320 points per trip from LHR. Options such as Sofia and Sicily are good for this.

April post Easter and May aren't school holidays in the UK so should be good bets.

This will get you the 4 BA segment's as well.