FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hard Landings on American Airlines flight injured Flight Attendants - Pilot Error?
Old Jan 24, 2023, 12:15 pm
Narrow Seat

Programs: AA, UA
Hard Landings on American Airlines flight injured Flight Attendants - Pilot Error?

While the plane sat at the gate during a long departure delay, I walked back to the restroom. While waiting for one of the toilets to become available I overheard a discussion between two Flight Attendants. Both complained about the incompetent pilot who injured them and all the other flight attendants during a very hard landing on the previous flight. The reason for our flight delay was one of the other Flight Attendants who were working at the front of the plane decided that she was just too sore to continue due to the hard landing on the previous flight. She thought she could work our flight so they allowed the passengers to load on the plane but then she decided she was too injured. The two Flight Attendants in the back said they felt terrible from the hard landing but were going to work so the flight would go off so the passengers can get home. About an hour later a replacement Flight Attendant showed up and we left the gate 15 minutes later.

There was no drink or food service on the 2 1/2-hour flight for some unknown reason. Flight Attendants too sore?

When the plane landed in clear weather with light winds at RDU we had a very hard landing. I don't know if anyone was injured this time but we hit the runway very hard! So two hard landing in a row with the same pilot.

Here is my question: Were the two very hard landings in a row on that plane the fault of the pilot or just a fluke? And what is the rule for AA Flight Attendants regarding calling out sick after a hard landing that throws out their backs?