FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Outdated Travel Requirements with Qatar Airways
Old Jan 24, 2023, 11:07 am
plunet

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by cola6
Hello,

I'll be traveling to Thailand next month on Qatar Airways, but I just checked their site now and it states that to enter Thailand you have to be fully vaccinated. This isn't true and the requirement for full vaccination was officially scraped by the Thai health authorities on January 9th.

Qatar Airway's site says their information was updated on January 17th, so I spoke to them via online chat and their solution was to take a printed news article to my departure airport and show it at check-in to the desk operator.

I feel like this is somewhat unprofessional and I'm a bit worried it leaves the door open to issues at check-in. Is there any reason why Qatar Airways has outdated information? Thailand is one of the major tourist destinations of the world, so surely they would want to keep this up to date in their systems? Is there perhaps some way to notify them to make the necessary correction?

Thank you
To be a little fair to Qatar, Thailand did briefly require non-Thai nationals to be vaccinated earlier this month but then changed their mind a few days later. The inconsistency from the Thai government doesn't help.

The good news is that whatever is on the Qatar airways website is not what the check-in agents use to determine whether you are admissable to your destination, they use a system called TIMATIC that is run by IATA and usually updated within a few hours of a change being announced by a relevant authority.

You can use a user friendly interface to check timatic via the SkyTeam website. https://www.skyteam.com/en/flights-a...isa-and-health
there are others that will let you see the official text