FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New York JFK Delta Sky Club: The Definitive Thread
Old Jan 23, 2023, 12:07 pm
CptnInc

Programs: DL LOL, Mosaic, UAL Silver, MR Titanium
Originally Posted by wanderlustFL
I am thinking of booking a Delta One itinerary for travel in Sept 23 that requires a 6 hr layover at JFK. However, I have heard of constant crowding at the existing Sky Club in T4 so a long layover w/o the new Delta One lounge sounds very unappealing. Does anyone know if the new lounge is scheduled to be open by early Sept next year? A quick web search found no mention of an opening date other than one article saying "by Dec 2023". And, if that is really the case, who knows when it will actually be ready.
I tried to visit the lounge in T4 for my 4hr layover on 1/15, but even the medallion line appeared to be approx 30min. As a DM + paid lounge member + flying on paid TATL D1, I found this to be wholly unacceptable.

I was able to access the Virgin lounge without any trouble. It's lit like a cave and the showers are aligned with what I'd expect in a low security prison. Despite the Virgin lounge being empty, I decided I'd rather go somewhere that had the lights turned on and found an empty restaurant in the terminal to burn time in instead.

It was quite an adjustment to go from the efficient and clean ZRH to the 3rd-world grime, slime, and disrepair of JFK T4.

Last edited by CptnInc; Jan 23, 2023 at 3:56 pm