FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - National/ Alamo FAQs and Questions
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2023, 11:15 am
IMissThe747

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by IMissThe747
I rented a car from National at DEN for December 17, 2022 - January 30, 2023. After departing with my car I saw on my contract it said 12/17/22 - 1/16/23, despite my reservation as recorded via email being correctly noted or 12/17/22 - 1/30/23. I called National and asked them to fix the problem. The agent explained that contracts for longer term rentals would only issue for 30 days at a time, and that on 1/16 the first 30 day contract would automatically close out, and a contract for the remainder of my rental would then be emailed to me. She confirmed she could see my actual reservation, and provided relevant details from it, so I believe her.

It's now 1/16 after the 'drop off time' on the initial contract, and I haven't received the updated contract yet. Is this something I should call National about now? Or give it a day or two and see if it sorts out just like the phone agent explained?

I imagine it's probably fine... but I've heard of other rental car companies erroneously reporting cars stolen and having people arrested, and I'd like to avoid any drama.

Thanks in advance!
Following up for the crowd... overnight National did indeed send me a new rental contract for the remainder of my rental reservation, exactly as they said they would. So, I guess that's how it works for rentals longer than 30 days.