FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Looks like We Not BA are in the media
View Single Post
Old Jan 15, 2023, 1:11 am
crazy8534

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
I think it is an interesting, well-written and pretty well-researched article.
Some on here may not enjoy the spotlight but I am sure that it will only brighten as the questions over steps to make frequent air travel less attractive on the path to "net zero", intensify,

In terms of CCR access, it says:
"*** an IT consultant in London, became a BA Gold member by taking some tactical flights, and then got into the even more exclusive Gold Guest List. This tier entitles him to use BA’s Concorde lounges, which serve Laurent-Perrier Grand Siècle champagne and offer complimentary à la carte dining and sleep pods for power naps."

Which is absolutely, technically, correct.
The photo is obviously wrong (it's the BOS lounge) but it almost certainly won't have been the author who selected it.

HfP make an interesting attempt to claim that it doesn't increase air travel and only shifts it by saying:
"Head for Points, says the main purpose of the loyalty programmes is not to stoke up demand for more flights but to prevent passengers switching to rival airlines."

Also I have always found it difficult to believe that BAH or Avis would care 2 hoots if you don't pick up a hire car- they already have your money and fewer miles on a vehicle or another car available to hire out again the next day when they see it hasn't been collected is net positive for them.

Last edited by crazy8534; Jan 15, 2023 at 1:18 am