FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What time does flexichange become available?
Old Jan 10, 2023, 4:42 pm
nzkarit

Originally Posted by oranjemakker
Today I got to CHC at 1206 for my scheduled 1300 departure to AKL. Arriving I noted my flight was delayed and the 1200 was showing delayed till 1240 so hand luggage only figured I would try to get on the earlier flight. However, its busy so there was no agent who could help so I realised I would miss the 30 minute cut off but was planning to ask in the lounge where I arrived about 1215.

The agent refused to even try to move me because he said I was within the 30 minute window. I may be imagining this but I feel like this has not been a problem in the past where at the Koru lounge they have moved me to earlier flights within the 30 minutes (the earlier flight had plenty of seats)

Is this something that can be done if they can be bothered or it is really a strict deadline?

i
I have been moved after checkin closing, but I was on a waitlist before check-in closing. (Was in the system properly as got the SMS, email before the PA to go to desk). As I walk away from desk overheard the lounge agent saying to the other one can do a waitlist for a Flexi as was a Gold or Above.

Also the above is a delay and checkin would have closed at original time of 11.30. it is likely the paperwork, etc would have already been produced for the flight. If flight was already late doubt they will want to mess with it anymore. Additionally they may have also known if it was full or not. Was it showing as available option when selected change flight? Flexis at the moment aren't helpful a lot of time as planes are full.