FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2023 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)
Old Jan 3, 2023, 8:33 pm
MrAndy1369

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Just to clarify, I think serfty was referring to Y on HNL-DFW, not F (given his reference to "main cabin" in his OP). I'm not sure if a meal is served in Y on long-haul Hawaiian routes, but I would assume so. I'll let someone else clarify on that.

Originally Posted by serfty
I am booked on an award "Main cabin" in May on a 7pm HNL-DFW on a 787.

When I researching food/meal availability am seeing seemingly contradictory information.

The AA.com page shows:

But when I look at the booking it just shows "Snack or Brunch".

Does anyone have experience and / or detail on what to expect?
Originally Posted by PACLipper
From DFW to Hawaii, you are served a multi-course lunch, beginning with warmed nuts and your choice of beverage; salad with your choice of dressing; main course with vegetables (I pre-ordered the Golden Chicken, the worst AA meal ever!); and dessert (choice of cheese with 4 grapes, or a sundae [hot fudge or strawberry]). There should be a pre-arrival meal (protein or fruit plate), but this was not served on AA115 Christmas Eve (there was turbulence,.but there was enough time for a dedicated flight crew to have served it; no apology was offered). The service from Hawaii to DFW is similar, with a "continental breakfast" in lieu of the pre-arrival meal. You have access to the Flagship Lounge prior to and after your Hawaii flight in Terminal D, above Gate 22, and the omelet station is not to be missed. I was disappointed with the lack of a pre-arrival meal. I paid for that with my ticket. Oh well. UA once skipped the pre-arrival meal on a flight from IAD to HNL, and that flight was ten hours plus. AA has raised the ticket cost of its Hawaii Flagship flights considerably, as post-pandemic demand is up. You have a choice of entree within 30 days of your Hawaii flight on aa.com. UA does not offer a pre-departure choice of entree from IAD, EWR & ORD as of this writing, by comparison.

Just saw Bradhattan's post. I would call AA to see if they could assist you with your pre-flight entree selection. It appeared everyone received their entree choice on my flights according to the F/A galley conversations.