FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA | 2023 edition
View Single Post
Old Jan 2, 2023, 1:36 pm
allycat53

Programs: BA Gold, EI, VS
Ok I’ll start with a possible one … myself and Mrs Alllycat flew BA 2159 LGW-GND on New Year’s Eve. There were about 6-8 of us left in J after the stop in UVF and when we landed in GND Mr DYKWIA was up and ready for the race to immigration. Down the steps, across the tarmac and into the hall ready to take the straight line through the tensa barriers but found himself blocked by a member of staff pulling the barriers across to create a zigzag path instead. Cue the Victor Meldrew “I don’t believe it, it’s ridiculous” comment from him and then he proceeds to duck under each tensa rather than walk a few extra yards having been sat down for almost 11 hours anyway. His (long suffering?) wife just did the zig zag like the rest of us and joined him at the immigration booth where he was even more annoyed by being asked to write his telephone number on the immigration form “when it isn’t asked for anyway!” Which it wasn’t, but everyone was being asked to write it in the margin by the nice local staff. Not sure what happened to him next but I got through my booth before he and his wife did. He didn’t exhibit too much huffing and puffing while waiting 10 mins for bags to come through and then he was off. Except he had put away the carbon copy of the form which was required at customs exit, and he was FURTHER delayed by (and I am assuming his manner here from the huff and puff) yet another piece of unnecessary bureaucracy which he had to unpack from his bag. It was quite amusing all in all, and we still got out before him, feeling quite chilled in comparison