FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reconfigured Airbus A320s
View Single Post
Old Dec 13, 2004, 1:52 am
House

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by andyZRH
I'm a little surprised that LX is spending money on new seats for the A320 instead of finally upgrading business class on the A330. I have to admit that I have no idea of the cost of upgrading the A320 vs. upgrading business class on the 330, but I think that being able to offer the new business class across the fleet would be a much stronger selling point than having new seats on the 320.
They may not have any control over this. If the A320's are due for a heavy maintenance check now (meaning no flights for a few weeks) then now is a good time to make changes to the cabin. I imagine they will also wait for maintenance checks on th A330's before changing the seats.

The cost of upgrading seats is probably not too large - what is more important is the loss of revenue while they put the seats in (the plane cannot fly paying passengers). So they wait until they would have to take the plane out of service anyway.