FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London EDITION Hotel [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2022, 3:42 am
ElevatorEnthusiast

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Apologies for the delay in posting this, but here is my trip report from the EDITION! In summary, I think this is a fine hotel, but I struggle to find a reason to stay here over the W (similar price and location) as the W offers a more comprehensive set of Elite benefits as a consequence of the EDITION's exclusion from the breakfast benefit. Here are my pros, cons, and photos:

Pros:
  • Upgraded to a Loft King (think the bed was actually a queen), which is the largest room category - not sure if suites are actually available for upgrades here and I didn't ask
  • The room has an interesting design with a ton of wood paneling - at least, it feels unique
  • The bed was quite comfortable - just-right mattress, plush covers when the faux fur is added on top, and decent pillows - the linens are also really smooth and nice
  • Shower pressure was strong, even from the rainfall head
  • Nice view towards BT Tower from the 5th floor
  • Delivered a nice welcome gift of some tasty shortbread-type things
  • No issue with 4 PM late checkout
  • Service was friendly
Cons:
  • No breakfast - brand issue
  • Noise isolation from the hallway is quite poor, as noticed by the full-on conversation between my next door neighbor and Room Service at 10 PM
  • No Internet TV OS
  • Room is quite dark, which was exasperated by one of the lamps not having working bulbs
  • No outlet in the bathroom - a sign says this is British law, but they should have added a shaver outlet like every other hotel in London
For those who stay here, I would highly recommend going to Dishoom Carnaby on Kingly Street for breakfast - delicious and bottomless house chai and the bacon and egg naan roll - yum!

Photos: