FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Southwest's Christmas 2022 meltdown - phones, chat shut down, RR points compensation
Old Dec 27, 2022, 4:21 am
AggieTexan

Update:
The expected Southwest cancellation notice came in overnight. Thankfully my sister had already booked on United, because prices are now through the roof.

My sister and her family are in Colorado after driving there from Indy following multiple cancellations on Thursday and Friday. They were told about midnight on Thursday/Friday (after sitting on the tarmac for 2 hours) that Southwest had no way to get them there, and their daughter who lives elsewhere was already there.

Their plan was to fly home using their original flights, but I texted my sister and let her know what was going on and she got them all booked on United. She said she’ll deal with Southwest later…doesn’t want another 16+ hour drive.

I feel terrible for them. This was their last family vacation for a while. My youngest nephew is graduating from the Naval Academy in May and my sister thought it would be fun to make memories before they have to work around more complicated schedules.

Last edited by AggieTexan; Dec 27, 2022 at 12:59 pm Reason: Update Post