FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2023 Elite kits arriving
View Single Post
Old Dec 19, 2022, 3:37 pm
newfbc

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by TheViperOne
Mrs Viper no longer has to work and as such she accompanied me on a lot of my travel this year for the first time and she climbed the status ladder all the way to SE with the numerous crazy promotions and rollovers. Before Covid she was typically only the lowest status if any.

She hit 25k in April, 35k in June, 50k and 75k both in August, and SE in September. She received a 35k package in the mail only and nothing else through the entire ladder. After about 6 weeks without receiving a package we called in mid October. They said they generated a tracer email and she should have her package within 5-7 days. After two weeks we called again at the end of October and they said they would send another one marked urgent. Same thing at the end of November and we just called once again.

Escalated to a supervisor this time who said there was an internal memo sent out on Nov 13 to freeze all packages sent out until February and that she would not be receiving a package until then. I advised him about members having difficulty being admitted to SA lounges without the physical card and he basically called me a liar and said that just isn’t the case and doesn’t happen because they all take the virtual card and all of those other airlines have now moved away from physical cards and no longer issue them. He then asked why I would need to access other lounges other than Air Canada and also that it should be AC*G on the boarding pass. I reminded him that once SE is hit for the year we usually credit to other airlines so it doesn’t always appear on the boarding pass. Basically, he was just a fan of arguing.

No compensation offered. No offer to send out a card as they are made by a third party who is not sending any more out. Pretty poor experience in general. And his explanation doesn’t jive with the fact why she wasn’t at least given a 50k or 75k package. Thankfully we usually travel together so I can get her in with my card but sometimes we travel with other family and friends who don’t have access and I’d like to be able to use our +1 guest to bring them in.
That's very strange. I climbed the ladder pretty much exactly the same way this year.. though I hit SE in October. I received a package for each - 35K, 50K, 75K and SE.

Ron.