FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA good reader
Thread: BA good reader
View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2004, 12:01 am
scibard
Suspended

BA good reader

My beloved Mrs. Scibard’s 777 LGW-DFW flight last month suffered a total IFE failure for the entire flight. Being an editor and writer (and the far far better half of our publishing company) she instantly produced …and I think you are expecting something work related here… a coveted book. She claims it was a grand flight with 9 hours of J service, quiet, a nap, and good reading.

When I was a lad, reading was the primary thing I remember doing on long flights even when there was a movie. Is it just my faulty memory or when did we transition to endless loops of film and TV reruns?

So, how many of you read for enjoyment on flight? Does anyone think that a “BA reader’s review” page would make an interesting feature in HighLife?

What about an FT forum devoted to reviews of books related to aviation, the business of transportation, or perhaps even FA’s in love or lust, that sort of thing?

Cheers,
Scibard

P.S. DFW-LGW in beloved BA J with my beloved Mrs. Scibard on Monday (I’ll be watching for FT tags! ) then on to our beloved Paris via Eurostar.

Always combining work and fun, in addition to academic work we get to write a lay mag piece on health issues related to airline travel. Mrs. Scibard is bringing her meat temperature thermometer. Fear not – if the results are bad, we’ll say we flew on Air Fra… … Air Fraaaann… ….Air Frannsssss…

<sigh> I just can’t say it.

Last edited by scibard; Dec 12, 2004 at 12:03 am