FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA to drop Mesa, Mesa to offer its CRJ900s to UA
Old Dec 18, 2022, 12:15 pm
goodeats21
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by LBBflyer
I have been stuck on the Mesa CRJ9s too many times on SDF to DFW. These birds are not in good shape on the interior or mechanically. After getting several unscheduled overnights at DFW, I would not be excited about these moving to United. However, I guess they could still be an improvement over Air Wisky.
The article in the original post references some info that Mesa was being financially penalized by AA for failure to meet some obligations established Pre-Covid. If they are moving to a new agreement with United, I would hope they would now have the financial resources to address the condition of frames / reliability.

As some of the previous posters have mentioned, I think there is more shuffling that will be occurring in all this. Scope clause has to be maintained, so it isn't just a simple add of all these 70+ seat frames. Other stuff has to happen.

Any thing that happens to reduce the CR2s seems to be a good thing.