FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Requirements for visiting Mexico 🇲🇽 as a tourist (FMM, "tourist card", visa, etc.)
Old Dec 14, 2022, 3:37 pm
M60_to_LGA

Programs: AA GLD, AC
Originally Posted by iahphx
Yup, very simple and easy to enter and exit Mexico from CUN now (at least in Terminal 4). I was surprised/impressed. Now if they could only fix the intersection between the main coast road and the airport road (it's currently a huge traffic mess, so leave extra time for your flight, but they're working on it) I'd be doubly impressed.

BTW, I would not agree that "most countries" don't do an immigration check when you leave the country. From my rather lengthy experience, almost all do, except the USA. I'm trying to remember my most recent Canadian experiences, but they're a little hazy because sometimes you pre-clear US customs in Canada.
Canada doesn't do an exit check. Neither does the UK (anymore - on my first visit, when I departed in 1993 I did go through passport control at LHR and got a triangular exit stamp, but they must have ended shortly thereafter because on every subsequent visit since then, I've never seen passport control on exit), nor if memory serves Ireland. Seems to be an anglosphere thing, apparently. Can't speak about Aus/NZ as I've never been there.