FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First class lounge admission
View Single Post
Old Dec 13, 2022, 7:26 am
percysmith
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by SW7London
Pre covid I've done this - F or J on the long haul from Europe to HKG, connecting to short haul flight in Y and no issue accessing the Wing or Pier lounges based on my long haul cabin.
Trust this is pre-pandemic HKG.

The difference is not the lounge access rules but rather HKG departures level being separated to local departures to Mainland and departures and transits to rest of world area. The backflow barrier is between gates 20 and 21, rest of world area is >21 and Wing Flounge is Gate 2

Originally Posted by Alawyer
I'm wondering if this division will still be in effect when Hong Kong scraps the use of the Leave Home Safe app and all amber restrictions as of Wed 14 Dec. Can everyone now use the Wing F?
No. Updated as of today's announcement:

Originally Posted by percysmith
Still no access to Wing Flounge for transit:

1. Backflow barrier between gates 20 and 21 not removed.
Non-China transit pax use transit points >21 and board their planes in rest of world area gates >21

If you’re contemplating entering HK, declaring a false nominal address and then leaving for Gate 1:

2. HK is still continuing testing regimen as mentioned by maalloc upthread, so a Medical Surveillance order will still be issued against you.

3. Only in the medical surveillance order will you find your visitor vaccine pass. This took me 19:41 to access when I landed 18:24 on 29 Nov

4. Wing needs vaccine pass to access, just like any other HK dining establishment. Foreign certificates and credentials cannot be accepted directly (if visitor, you need to upload your credential in the pre-arrival Health Declaration Form ).

4.a. Today’s changes simply mean you do not have to install Leavehomesafe app to scan restaurant’s code, not have a two day ban on visiting restaurants and bars - you are blue code on day 0.

5. Not to mention you will be subject to Hong Kong law incl Cap 599 until doors close, so if you’re found to be positive, you’re obliged to notify crew, walk off the plane and proceed to your declared place of residence to quarantine.