FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA ending first class to ATL
View Single Post
Old Dec 11, 2022, 11:07 am
marcopizzaiuolo

Programs: BAEC, QRPC, Amex MR, World of Hyatt, IHG one rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, etc…
Originally Posted by gilbertball
Looking to book 2 x reward seats in First from London to Atlanta and there's plenty of availability in February and March but completely drops off from April onwards.

Is this due to the weather and it being a more popular destination as we move into Spring?

Or is it because April is further away and as such BA haven't made a decision on what reward availability to open up, therefore seats should become available in the coming weeks?

Any insights much appreciated, thanks all.

GB

I am guessing your post was moved to this thread but you can easily see that there is at least enough evidence to conclude that there is no first class seats on this route after March and for the foreseeable future.

I have myself booked a return rewards trip in first to ATL in February and there was a fairly large availability, so much that I was considering going with the whole family (there were 5 reward seats on both flights at one point).

on a separate note for those of you that may have done similar planning, It will be the first time for the wife but I have been before, and so will plan to fly to a different US city from there to spend more of the holiday before returning to ATL for the flight back. Aside of Miami, is there another interesting (and possibly warm) place worth visiting not to many hours flight time away?